Saturday, October 20, 2012

Zoya Ornate Collection

Swatches & Review
Zoya's Ornate collection is their 2012 Holiday/Winter collection. This collection contains six shades that are super shimmery and eye-catching.
Electra, Ziv, Logan, Storm, Blaze, & Aurora
Electra is holographic bar glitters in a clear base. The holographic glitter is definitely eye-catching, it reminds me of putting bar glitters all over a fake Christmas tree when I was younger. This can be worn alone, or layered over colored nail polishes. I thought that this was very thick, so putting a bit of thinner in it before using it might help. I used one coat for my pinky, two coats for my ring finger, three coats for my middle finger, and four coats for my pointer.
Ziv is a shimmery gold with gold glitter in it. It is not warm like OPI's GoldenEye, but it is a warm gold. It is very shiny in the sun, but it takes a while to dry. Removing it was kind of hard too since it is glittery and the gold flecks sticks to skin. I used two coats for this.
Logan is a shimmery green foil with lighter green and gold flecks of shimmer. I love this one! It reminds me of Christmas. I used two coats for the swatches, but I think one thick coat would work as well.
Storm is a black with a scattered holographic finish. The first coat was very thin and sheer, but it definitely built up by the second coat. It is gorgeous in the sun & it is not gritty at all. I used two coats for the swatches.
Blaze is a cranberry red with a scattered holographic finish. The holographic finish on this is not as strong as the other two, but it is very pigmented. It reminds me of Thanksgiving and drinking cranberry juice! lol. It is not gritty and for a red, this did not stain my nails like reds normally do. I used two coats for the swatches, but one coat would have worked as well.
& the last shade in this collection is Aurora! Aurora is a plum purple with a scattered holographic finish. Out of the three holographic finishes in this collection, Aurora is definitely the one with the strongest holographic finish effect. It reminds me of OPI's DS Extravagance and Orly's Miss Conduct, but purple. The first coat on this was sheer, but it was fully opaque by the third coat. This is definitely my favorite in the collection (and I'm not even too big of a purple fan).


Overall, I really like this collection. With the exception of Electra, all of these were very easy to apply and were fully opaque. I did not like Electra because I am not too fond of bar glitters. I think the finish of the bar glitter feels weird and when I'm applying it, there's just strings coming off the edge of my nails and I think that my nail is growing nail hair, haha! I really like the holographic-ness of Electra, but I wish it was in smaller pieces of glitter. My two favorites in this collection has to be Aurora and Logan. I see myself wearing those a lot for the Holidays. What I like also like about this collection is that you can wear these year-round, especially the holographic finish ones since wearing them when the sun is out makes them ten times better than when it's indoors.

What do you think about these? Are you going to get some of the nail polishes from this collection?


These are available for purchase on Zoya.com now, and they retail for $8 per 0.5oz bottle.

*The products in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion/review. I was not paid nor compensated for the review.

6 comments:

  1. Woww these Zoya polishes look amazing and because you have nice long nails too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a pretty solid collection! & thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Storm is so beautiful, I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's kind of what I wanted China Glaze's Cosmic to be.

      Delete
  3. OMG! They're all super pretty^^ Deffo gna try Storm and Blaze
    I'm ur new follower.. Do visit my blog too xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I love this collection! & thanks :)

      Delete