Monday, October 29, 2012

Buxom Lip Polish: April

Swatches & Review

I received April in the Buxom Time to Shine lip gloss set that I have reviewed a few days ago. I also own another mini-sized April from their lip set last year.
April is a icy pink with shimmer. According to the box, April is supposed to have a diamond finish, which is probably why it is very shimmery. It goes on kind of sheer, and it packed my lips with a ton of sparkle. After wearing it for a few hours, the gloss wore off & shimmer was left all over my lips!


Overall, I feel that April is just too shimmery for me. I like my lip glosses to be creamy, and sometimes with a minimal amount of shimmer, but April was packed with shimmer. I did not like how the shimmer would not wash off my lips, it stuck to my lips like glitter glue! Since I wore this alone, it was probably why it stuck to my lips more, so I would probably use this to layer on top of a lipstick that I would like to add a "pop" to and see if it still sticks to my lips. Out of the set, I would have been able to do without this one.

What do you think about sparkly, shimmery lip glosses? Like it? Hate it?

6 comments:

  1. I actually like the shimmer for a night out or something like that :) Love the color!

    xoxo, Adela

    ENTER MY FOREVER21 CROSS BODY BAG GIVEAWAY
    http://afashionistascorner.blogspot.com/2012/10/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is super shimmery but i find it quite pretty at the same time! i don't normally prefer shimmer... i wonder if the other ones are this shimmery as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all Buxom lip glosses are shimmery and in the set, mainly April and Gina are the most shimmery ones.

      Delete
  3. I love shimmer, but it has to be the right color combination for me. That one is so cool toned and white that I don't think I'd like it on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it'd be nice to use it for layering over a dark color? :)

      Delete