Saturday, October 27, 2012

Buxom Time To Shine Lip Gloss Set

Swatches & Review
Buxom's Time to Shine Lip Gloss set is part of their Holiday 2012 collection. Every year, Buxom comes with with lips set with deluxe sized samples of their lip products. Usually, it is four lip sticks with four lip glosses, however, they only came out with a set of six lip glosses this year. Since I have been collecting Buxom's lip sets every year, I purchased this one. If you have previous sets, I think the only repeat in this set is April, which was in last year's set as well.
This set contains two Buxom Lip Creams and four Lip Polishes. Two are sheer, two have a diamond finish, and two are creamy.
April: Icy Pink with shimmer.. a lot of shimmer (diamond finish)
Berry Blast: Fuchsia cream, looks smooth
White Russian: Nude Pink cream
Sugar: Rose, not creamy or shimmery, but has a silver sheen to it
Katie: Pale Pink (same as Sugar)
Gina: Hot Pink with a lot of shimmer

Out of this whole set, only Gina is exclusive to this set. All of the other colors are permanent colors in their Buxom lip line.


Overall, I like this set. Although I already have two of the shades in here, I do not mind it because Buxom is one of my favorite lip gloss brand out there. It is supposed to be "plumping", but I do not see my lips more plump with it. It has a faint vanilla scent to it, and when you put it on your lips, it feels very minty and fresh. A note to take about these is that if you put too much, you will start feeling the "freshness" inside your mouth, which tastes pretty disgusting after a while so do not put more than you need on your lips! The tingling stays around your lips for about half an hour so if you have sensitive lips or you do not like the tingling feeling, these are definitely not for you. Sometimes when I put too much on my lips, I feel a bitter taste in my mouth so I always have to be careful with these. If I put the right amount, that will not happen. Although it is a bit of a hassle, I like the shades they come in and these are not too sticky to me. This set retails for $29 and includes 6 lip glosses where each contain 0.07oz of product (which is half of the full sized product) so it is a pretty good deal. It is like getting 3 full sized lip polishes, but just in various colors! If you have not tried these, this will be a good set to test them out. I love this, but I know it is definitely not for everyone since not everyone likes the tingly feeling. What do you think about Holiday sets? Would you rather get mini sized items or full-sized?

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try those since I heard they have the plumping affect! But I guess they wouldn't work! Thanks for the review :) pretty colors though!

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't work for me, but it might be different for everyone :) lol.

      Delete
  2. This set is a steal! I really want to purchase one, but I have way too many lip products for my own good. If it's still around during the VIB sale next month, I'll probably get it!

    Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I know what you mean, I have so many lip products & I still want more! I'm waiting for the VIB sale as well so then, I would be able to get the Moxie set as well.

      Delete