Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mirenesse Lip Bomb 4

Swatches & Review
For this month's MyGlam/Ipsy bag, subscribers were sent out Mirenesse Lip Bombs in shades 2, 4 and 9. I received 4, which is a vibrant pink shade.
Mirenesse's Lip Bombs are like liquid lipsticks with a glossy finish. It is similar to OCC Lip Tar's since it does not require a lot of product for your lips, but lip tars dry to more of a matte finish and these lip bombs are glossy.
When I smelled it from the applicator, it smelled a little bit plastic-y, but after I put it on my lips, it had a faint minty scent to it, which did not bother me. This color is bright, but not as bright as Revlon's Sweetheart Balm Stain that I tried a few weeks ago. I actually like this color because it does not make me look like I have clown lips. While applying, I used a brush (like I do with lip tars) and a little bit of product so that it would not feather.

Overall, I like this lip bomb and I'm glad I received a color I did not mind using. I wonder how it would look like if I mixed this with lip tars and if it would change the finish for it. This lasted on me for about 6 hours before almost completely fading away. The only complaint I have about this is that when I opened it for the first time, it exploded on me (..like a bomb, ironically) and got on my shorts. I feel like this has been opened before because of this, but maybe the transit made it explode? These STAIN so be careful while using it because you wouldn't want to ruin a favorite shirt of yours because of this! However, I would definitely buy more if I had the chance to just to try them out, but they are expensive. Some shades are currently on sale on their site, but it is still $28 for one of these. What do you think about liquid lipsticks? Have you tried it?

*This is not related, but I am excited for Taylor Swift's RED album coming out tomorrow! :D At some point, my life revolved around music and I used to have my own "music" blog and I was named as "S0ULFRESHH". Since then, everything has been deleted, but it's nice to think back about it once in a while :) Are there any albums you're looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is a beautiful colour! Aww that sucks that it exploded over you, it would have been quite annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! lol. I think I would want it a tad bit lighter for the winter season so I would probably just mix it :)

      Delete