Monday, October 15, 2012

Wet N' Wild Bare It All

Swatches & Review
This week, CVS is having a buy one, get one free sale on Wet N' Wild products. I went to several CVS locations to look for their new Holiday 8-pan palettes, but the stores I went to were either all sold out, or did not have them in stock yet, boo! :( After going about 8 locations, I ended up purchasing two lipsticks to make me feel a bit better. I have never actually tried Wet N' Wild's Megalast Lip Color before and since it is currently buy one, get one free, it's like paying $1 each!
After hearing so much about Bare It All, I decided to get it as one of the two I have purchased. I was originally going to get it since almost all my lip colors are in the nude range, but I just had to get it since it was so cheap!
Looking at it, I thought it would be more of a light beige nude, but after swatching it it seems more like a pinky-brown nude. Normally when I wear nude lipsticks, it totally washes out my skintone so I am very picky with my nudes and go for a darker brown one, this was a surprise because it does not wash my skin out at all. It actually looks quite natural.


Overall, I like this shade, It has a matte finish, so if your lips are kind of dry, it will make it look very flaky so it is best to exfoliate before using it. It does also get drying after a while of wearing it so putting a lip balm on before using it will help as well. On my swatch, I only used one swipe. Yes, it is THAT pigmented! It is a bit darker on the skin than it looks in the tube, but I like it! What are your thoughts on nude lipsticks? Do you own a lot of nudes, or do you prefer brights? :)

10 comments:

  1. ive also heard wonderful things about this so i would've picked up some too if we had a CVS in canada :) i have the color "just peachy" but have not had the chance to review it yet. what other color did you pick up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the other one I got was Cinnamon Spice. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Do they sell this in the Philippines? If they do, you should get it! :D

      Delete
  3. I love nudes and this looks super pretty. I do have dry lips though so I usually try to wear lipsticks that are a little bit more moisturizing. I might try this though especially since there is a sale :)

    Xoxo, Adela
    afashionistascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great review! nice blog! Maybe we follow each other ? let me know! www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this shade too, and I love it! When I want it to lean a bit less pink, I top it with a champagne color gloss. It looks very pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it with theBalm's Cocoa my Coconut Lip Gloss on top of it & it was like a perfect match for me! lol. Thanks Kellie!

      Delete