Tuesday, October 2, 2012

China Glaze: V

Swatches & Review
China Glaze's V was released as part of the X (Anniversary) collection back in 2007. I have had it for a while, but never actually got the chance to try it. I purchased it because it looked like a nice peachy-orange shade.

When applied to the nail, V definitely looks darker than it does in the bottle. I was at first a bit disappointed since I was hoping for it to be more of a creamy pastel orange shade, but it wasn't too bad after looking at it for a while. It is more of a burnt salmon orange than a peachy soft orange. The formula on this was a bit on the thick side (maybe because it's been around since 2007), but it was not hard to work it at all. This only required two coats. I believe this may have been discontinued, but I am unsure. I normally do not like posting discontinued items (unless it's something I really really like) because it is harder for readers to access them, but I know that this is still sold on many e-tailers still carry this shade (such as 8ty8beauty), which is why I did not mind posting a review on this. What do you think about this shade? Do you hate it when the color you thought a nail polish would be turns into something that is a bit different?

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the dried color, I agree it looked like a softer peach in the bottle, and went coral on the nail. Maybe you could add some white polish to the bottle? Or swirl white in it on the nail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It reminds me a bit of Desert Sun from ChG's Fall Collection (Which I also have). Maybe I should just try Peachy Keen next lol.

      Delete