Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tarte LipSurgence: Enchanted

Swatches & Review
The second color I tested from the Statement Lips set is Enchanted. Enchanted is part of their permanent line of LipSurgence.
Enchanted is one of the tinted LipSurgences in the set. Looking at it, I expected it to be a darker berry color (kind of like Revlon's Crush). However, Tarte describes it as a Rose color.
On the lips, it only gives a slight sheen because it is not matte, but it is not shimmery like Escape was. Since it looked like it would be a darker shade, I was disappointed that this applied out to be a berry pink. On my arm it looked like it would be a bit mauve, but it is not. Like Escape, this has a peppermint scent to it.


Overall, I wish it was more pigmented. However, I like that after a while of wearing it, it left a slight stain on my lips unlike Escape. This was not as drying as Escape was, but after about two hours of wearing it, I felt like I needed to apply lip balm on my lips because my lips started to feel dry. I would not buy this full-priced, but I think that it is still a good value considering I purchased this in a set for $34. What do you think about LipSurgences? Do you like them, or do you prefer other Balm Stains?

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa, thanks for commenting on my blog! Just started following you via GFC. Excited to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty color! I must try it :)

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was darker though! Get it in the set if you want it, it's more worth it. lol

      Delete