Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wet N' Wild Cinnamon Spice

Swatches & Review
Last week, I reviewed Wet N' Wild's Bare It All lipstick. Since the sale was BOGO Free, I ended up getting Cinnamon Spice with it.
Cinnamon Spice is a red-brown shade. It reminds me of Revlon's Balm Stain in Adore.
Looking at it, the lipstick definitely seems more of a brick-red-brown when it is swatched on my arm and it was very pigmented. Once I applied it to my lips, that was not the case. While applying it, it was very dry and the gorgeous dark red shade did not transfer onto my lips. On my lips, it looks like a berry red, which is totally different from the swatch on my arm and the lipstick from the tube itself. It was not only hard, but it was patchy, so I used a few swipes on my lips for it to even out and it still was not the color I hoped that it would be. I think with this shade, it would be better to apply it with a brush.


I really wanted to love this color because I heard many people like it and it seems like it would be a nice shade for fall, but maybe I purchased a bad batch? Compared to Bare It All, I prefer the formula on Bare It All a lot better than Cinnamon Spice. I ended up buying two more shades from the Wet N' Wild Megalast Lipstick collection & I will be reviewing them soon!

10 comments:

  1. there is quite a bit of difference between the arm and the lip switch! strange... i think the color looks good on you - too bad it was a bit of a hassle to apply though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, there is! Maybe because it was patchy and hard to apply so the pigmentation I got out of it on my arm didn't transfer onto my lips.

      Delete
  2. I have the one in sand storm. so far, the pigmentation is great. I wonder why the lip swatch is different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try Sandstorm! I don't know either, Bare It All wasn't even different like this one is.

      Delete
  3. For the darker shades of WnW megalast, I've found that wiping the top of the lipstick off with a lint-free tissue (I use a baby wipe), until all of the patchy dry bits are gone, and then applying it to the lip works perfectly for me. Sometimes it takes many swipes of the wipe to get the filmy layer off. Maybe that will work for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep that in mind when I try it again next time. Thanks for the tip, Kellie! :)

      Delete
    2. I would love to know if that changes the outcome... I've been eyeballing this shade (I own almost all the Megalast colors now), and I'm interested to know which color it will really be. :-)

      Delete
    3. Will definitely let you know once I get around to trying it! :)

      Delete
  4. The colour really suits your lips but it's a shame you weren't happy with it! The swatch looks completely different from the colour on your lips which is strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Maybe I will try the tip Kellie recommended me :)

      Delete