Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids: Shocking Coral

Swatches & Review

From Maybelline's Vivids LipColor line, I inititally purchased Hot Plum & Brazen Berry (which I have previously reviewed). After seeing how much I loved those, I decided to purchase another one in Shocking Coral.

From the picture, you can see that Shocking Coral is a shockingly bright pink.

Like the other Maybelline Vivids, there are a bit of air bubbles on the lipstick.

You can click on the pictures to make them a bit bigger. Since the image uploader for blogger changed, it does not allow me to manage the size I want it to be to show on my blog
For the first lip picture, I took it in direct sunlight. The other two were taken indoor, with the middle one being in front of the window.

Looking at the lipstick from the tube, it looks like a bright orange-pink, but when it's on the lips, it definitely leans more pink than orange. When I'm outdoor, it looks very pink, but when I'm indoors, the pink looks a little bit softer, but it is still very bright! If your lips are dry, it is better to exfoliate before using this because it will apply looking very flaky.

I have been loving the two Maybelline Vivids I purchased and this is another great addition. I do not normally wear very bright colors, but since spring & summer is around the corner, I am going a bit more out of my comfort zone. At first, I was afraid this will make my teeth look a bit yellow, but it surprisingly did not. The lipstick is very pigmented and it leaves a bright pink stain after it wears off. Like my initial review, my main complaint with these is the packaging. It would be definitely better if these were sealed. Whenever I go look for the Vivids, many of them have been tampered with, so remember to always check the lipstick at the store before taking it home with you!

These retail for $5.50 at Target/Walmart and Ulta, CVS, & Rite Aid has them for $7.49 - $9.99.

What do you think about these lipsticks? Have you tried anything from Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids line? Which is your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had the courage to wear colors like this because it is so incredibly gorgeous! And it goes really well with your skintone xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered this one from ebay.us because I live in France! I hope I receive it quickly to try it, this color is perfect for spring/summer! ☺
    Anyway I suscribe to your blog!

    ReplyDelete