Friday, December 2, 2011

Essie; Shine of the Times

Swatches and ReviewLooks orange-ish here, doesn't it?

It's a galaxy on my nails! :D



Can you spot some green?


Yesterday, my boyfriend bought me Essie's Shine of the Times top coat from the Luxeffects collection and I couldn't help but just take of last week nail polish & try it on! Since I'm still going through my untried polishes, I went to find one of the darker ones & I ended up wearing Orly's La Playa, which is a deep dark navy blue color.

Essie's Shine of the Times is gorgeous on La Playa! I actually tried it on Designer... De Better! but it didn't show up at all. It just made the polish look like there were more goldish bronze flecks in there. The application of Orly's La Playa was great, it only required two coats for opacity & I just left it at two coats since I was going to use Shine of the Times over it anyway. Shine of the Times is a thick top coat so it only required one coat for the effects to show on it. Although it was thick, it applied nicely and evenly so there was no goopey-ness left on the nail afterward.
The most dominant color from the topcoat is orange er.. red-orange and there is a green duochrome to it, which I am amazed by (I am easily amazed) & from time to time, you can see a hint of purple. I love it! With La Playa, it looks like a blue stone that has been underwater for years, doesn't it? Haha :) Own it? Love it?

*Only one coat of Essie's Shine of the Times have been used in the photos & the photos are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment