Saturday, December 10, 2011

Essie; Mint Candy Apple

Swatches and Review



Essie's Mint Candy Apple is from their 2009 Winter Collection. This is a minty green color, given it is called Mint Candy Apple. This is similar to Mint Sorbet(?) from Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear and it gives a mintier green look when it is compared to China Glaze's Re-Fresh Mint. This is my first time wearing Mint Candy Apple on my full nail and I honestly hated the application. The first two coats were so streaky & maybe it is just me, but I realized a lot of mint green nail polishes are really streaky. I am wearing three coats in the pictures, and it does not look as streaky since I made the third layer very thick so it will even itself out(I usually like using a thick 3rd coat when polishes are streaky). This is a gorgeous color, but I think it will look better on someone with a lighter skin tone than mine.

Overall, I think Essie has some better polishes than this in terms of application. This is a bit similar to one of their newer colors from their 2011 Summer Collection, Absolutely Shore, but Absolutely is a tad lighter and less bright. Although I don't think this color is the best fit for me wearing it on my full nails, I always use Mint Candy Apple as french tips and it is not bad at all! What do you guys think? Own it? Love it?

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those polishes where I love the color but hate the application. And, it is definitely not just you--a lot of pastels are hard to work with. Especially greens and yellows. Something to do with the pigments needed, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always gravitate towards this one when I see it, but haven't bought it because I already have Re-fresh Mint. Now that I know about the formula, I have another reason not to buy it.

    ReplyDelete