Friday, November 30, 2012

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: 6.0

Swatches & Review

A few months ago, Urban Decay came out with their new line of liquid foundation to fit in with their NAKED line. Although I have tried out many foundations, I never actually used much foundation before, so I decided to try their foundation line. I normally do not break out much, but this year was the worst year for my skin. I broke out so much that I have a lot of acne scars on my face, which has never happened to me when I was younger, so this foundation came at the perfect time for me.
Urban Decay describes this as a weightless, ultra definition liquid foundation
There is a wide variety of colors for this foundation. The numbers that end in .0 is for warmer skin tones and the numbers that end in .5 is for cooler skin tones.
When swatched & blended out on my hand, the skin looks a lot smoother.
My face is definitely not perfect. Since the beginning of 2012, I have had really bad acne and it is still continuing and I do not know why it is so bad. When I asked my doctor's they just said there has been a hormone change in my body that triggers the breakouts, but it's weird since it's just not stopping. On the left, you can see that there is redness and acne scars on my skin. On the right, you can see that this foundation balances my skin tone out evenly with no redness. Both of these pictures have been taken under the same lighting.

Overall, I really like this foundation. I have been using it for a few months now and this is definitely my choice of foundation. I only use one pump, which gives me a medium coverage, but you can add an extra pump for full coverage. It feels light on my skin and does not look cake-y at all (like how Bare Escentuals foundations make my skin look). Since it is now winter, I am thinking about picking up one in a lighter shade since 6.0 looking kind of dark on my skin for the weather. The only downside to this for me is the price. It is $38 for 30mL/1 oz of product. That is the same size as most drugstore foundations and 3 times the price.
This retails for $38 and is sold at UrbanDecay.com, Sephora (in-stores and online, Ulta (in-stores and online), & select Macy locations.

What do you think about Urban Decay's NAKED skin foundation? Have you tried it? What is your go-to foundation?

2 comments:

  1. Great review. Sorry to hear about your skin. :( When I was a teenager I went through acne. I still have a breakout now and then. I love how the foundation covered on you! You look great!

    I may need to try it now. I have been on the fence.

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! & it sucks 'cause it never happened to me this bad before D: Although it's not really full coverage, I like the coverage on me & it feels very light on the skin. If you have a Sephora near you, you can always test it out before buying! :)

      Delete