Saturday, September 21, 2013

Budget Friendly Fall Lipstick Picks

Swatches

I have not posted in a while because of school, but since I was taking a break from all the homework assignments I have for the weekend, I decided to do a lipstick post for Fall. At first, I was going to mix up all the fall lipstick picks I have, but I decided to do one that's for drugstore lipsticks & I will probably end up doing one for the mid-range brands as well.

(This picture is on my instagram as well)

Revlon Pink Truffle: Creamy neutral pinkish-brown. This is lightweight and moisturizing. Not too cool of a nude for fall. Depending on location, this is sold for $5.50 - $8.99
Rimmel London 107: Berry red with a matte finish. This glided on very smooth on the lips, but has a fruity scent to it. This is sold for $5.00 - $7.50.
Wet n Wild Ravin' Raisin: Dusty purple with a matte finish. This is very pigmented, but is a bit heavy on the lips. This retails for $1.99 at many locations.
Maybelline Color Whisper Berry Ready: Creamy pink berry. This is very pigmented, lightweight & moisturizing. Since it's very creamy & lightweight, it wears out fast so you would need to reapply this throughout the day. It kind of smells like fruity pebbles to me. This is sold for $6.00 - $8.00
Wet n Wild Cinnamon Spice: Matte brick red. Like Ravin' Raisin, this is very pigmented & a bit heavy on the lips, but it is not too uncomfortable. This retails for $1.99 at many locations.
Milani Black Cherry: Creamy deep red. This applies a bit patchy and it has a strong fruity scent to it. I blot the first layer so the second layer will not be as patchy & exfoliating the lips before applying is also recommended. This is sold for $5.49 - $6.49.

What do you think about these lipsticks from my picks? What are your picks for Fall? :)

7 comments:

  1. I recently picked up Pink Truffle and I love that it's not such a bold Fall color, good for everyday looks at the office. I might have to pick up that Rimmel color, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink Truffle is perfect for everyday! I have been using the Rimmel a lot actually :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely interested in those Wet 'n Wild shades!

    Kim | evladylrebmik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Black Cherry looks AMAZING on you! I really love the way you look in darker plums and purples - it's like they were made for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! :) I like Ravin' Raisin a lot!

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many people rave about Milani's Black Cherry! I need to try it out :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete