Friday, September 6, 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick: Manic


Swatches & Review

Manic is one of the shades that were released with twenty-one other colors from Urban Decay's new Revolution lipsticks. After trying them, I just had to buy some & I ended up with a total of eight! Manic is the second color I tried from the ones I have purchased after Jilted(link), which I have reviewed.


The Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks are packaged in a slim gunmetal packaging, however, it attracts fingerprints.


Manic is described as a soft wine. There is a bit of shimmer when you look at it from the tube.


Applied, it looks like a pink-ish plummy wine on me. The shimmer is not noticeable after applying it, but there is a slight sheen to it when outdoors. This is like a not so very neutral, neutral to me & seems like it would be nice for everyday wear. As for the creamy, badass luxury, this did not disappoint! Manic was very creamy so it applied smoothly and gave full coverage. I did not notice any bleeding/feathering with Manic without any lip liners. It lasted about four hours for me with minimal eating and drinking & it was not too drying either. The only downside is that they are a bit pricey because the size of these are a bit less than an average lipstick at 0.09 oz per lipstick & they retail for $22.

Have you tried any shades from Urban Decay's new line of lipsticks? Which shades do you prefer?


9 comments:

  1. Love this shade now! Honestly I didn't give this one a second glance, but on you I might have to reconsider :) I have Anarchy, F Bomb and Native and am loving them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anarchy & F Bomb look super nice! I swatched them on my arms, but I haven't had the chance to really wear them out yet. Maybe you can see how you like this when you see it in person :)

      Delete
  2. OoOoo... I like the shade! It's right up my alley!

    Manic looks lovely on you! I'm very interested, but I think I think I'll pass for now... I need to clear out some of my stuff first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe someday, I mean you can take your time since these are permanent :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing colour ;) Very beautiful lipstick :)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Totally one of those great go-to shades for polishing up a daytime look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This shade looks beautiful on you! I need to check out this range :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete