Friday, August 31, 2012

OCC Lip Tar: Memento

Swatches & Review
I have been wanting to try OCC Lip Tars for a while and after resisting the beauty.com neutral set for so long, I decided to just get it so I can stop thinking about it! After getting it, the first one I tried was Memento. Memento looked like it would be a nice shade of pink because it does not seem too light, and it does not seem too dark. I also decided to try it because when I bought it, Memento was the only one that was leaking. Since I had to clean it up anyway, might as well give it a try, right?
Memento is a nice neutral-pink color. Like a lot of people has mentioned before, just a little goes a long way. Since I heard they were incredibly pigmented, I kept using it in small amounts so it would avoid bleeding. I used a brush and even after washing the brush, it definitely stained it!
I thought that this color would wash out my skin, which is why I normally avoid pinks, but I think this does not really wash it out. Although it seems kind of glossy, it is actually semi-matte after it sets. If you like your lip colors glossy, you should definitely put a clear gloss over it.Overall, I like this color. I think one tube is going to last me a while. Memento wore about 6 hours on me with minimal fading even with eating and drinking.I was surprised at the staying power! There is a minty scent to it, but I do not mind it much because I like minty-lip products. The thing that I did not like about it was the leaking issue, and it does get drying after a while, so putting on some lip balm from time to time helps. What do you think about Lip Tars? Tried them? Like them? :)

2 comments:

  1. I have Queen, Harlot, and Strumpet but I haven't tried them yet.. I will soon for my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harlot & Strumpet looks amazing! I wanted to try those!

      Delete