Friday, November 16, 2012

Essence Renesmee Red Blush

Swatches & Review

Renesmee Red Blush is part of Essence's collaboration with Twilight's Breaking Dawn Part 2. The collection consists of one blush, one shimmering powder, four loose pigment eyeshadows, two liquid glitter liner, one lipstick, one lip-gloss, and four nail polishes.
Out of everything from the collection, I wanted the Renesmee Red Blush the most. I was actually surprised that I was able to find it because I was never able to find the blush from Essence's Legends of the Sky collection.
Renesmee Red is a matte red blush. It looks scary in the pan, but the swatch of it is not too bad.
It swatches out into a lovely light red-orange shade. It is pigmented and it was quite easy to blend out for me. It is best to use a light-hand because you can easily over-do this shade, especially since it is a red, but it is gorgeous!

For $2.99, I recommend this blush. I purchased mine at Ulta, which is not my absolute favorite place to shop at. When I went to purchase the blush, there were three more left (out of the four on display) and all of them of them seemed like they were swatched, so I ended up going to another Ulta a few more miles away to get one that was just "lightly" swatched. It is quite annoying because these are not sealed, which is my only complaint. This is not the most original color, but for the price and quality you get with it, it is definitely worth picking up if you are interested in it :)

Are you thinking about picking this up? & Are you going to watch Breaking Dawn part 2? :D

18 comments:

  1. thank you for commenting! love your blog!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible that anyone can open them and swatch them :( It looks really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhg how annoying, I don't understand why everyone swatches things in store that aren't testers.

    New follower, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's even more annoying when there's more than one of the same item swatched. It's like some people enjoy ruining new makeup -__-

      Delete
  4. Looks great but so annoying about the swatching! I can't wait to see breaking dawn part 2!
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! & since this is the last one, I might just watch it in the theaters lol

      Delete
  5. I picked this up too! Along with most of the rest of the collection. I do hate the unsanitary nature of some of the cheaper drugstore brands at Ulta though. Great post! I will be seeing the last movie...just cuz haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I get what you mean, gonna watch it just 'cause.

      Delete
  6. Love your blog! I'm a new follower now. Check out my blog and follow back if you like :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks lovely! I wish we had essence here in the UK. xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you guys don't? :( I wish I had brand from the UK though! :)

      Delete
  8. I love Essence products! They're great quality at such an affordable price! This blush looks lovely :)

    Stop by and check out my blog! xo
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very affordable! This is my first, but definitely will not be my last :)

      Delete
  9. Like most other people have said - I can't believe they don't seal them! That's just a little bit gross but the colour does look lovely....and I love Twilight lol

    xo

    http://verrism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not sanitary at all since they do not have them sealed so I had to sanitize it when I got home. Did you watch it already? lol

      Delete