Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sleek; Flame Blush Palette

Swatches & Review
This is the Flame palette from Sleek's Blush by 3 palette line. Given the name, this palette contains blushes that are red. Furnace is a bronzed red. I feel that this was one of the less pigmented color in the set, but it is actually not that bad because if it was really pigmented, you can easily put too much on your cheeks when so if you want it to look more intense, you can always layer it. Furnace also has a bit of a shimmer to it, but it's not that noticeable once it is blended out. Bon Fire is a deep, bold matte red. It is like a WOW kind of bright red. I actually really like this color. This is the most pigmented blush out of the three and if you don't apply this color with a light hand, it can easily make you look like you have clown cheeks. Molten is a lighter red with subtle shimmer to it. When it is blended out, it looks like a light red, almost pink. It looks bright in the pan, but it does not look to intense on the cheeks.
Furnace, Bon Fire, Molten
Overall, I like the Flame palette, but not as much as I liked the Pumpkin blush by 3. I am still annoyed at the fact that Sleek is still not responding to my e-mail or twitter messages to them. I don't mean to sound annoying, but it has been over a month and I still have not gotten a response from them about my missing palette! Anyway, the color I liked the most from this palette is Bon Fire. I have never tried any red blushes so I took a leap and ordered this to just try it out. When I first tried Bon Fire, I applied too much and I ended up looking like a doll! It was quite hilarious. I also like that Bon Fire can be used as a nice red eyeshadow. I mean, you can use all the colors as an eyeshadow as well, but Bon Fire looks the best on the eyes and it has not stained so that's is always a plus! What do you think about this palette? Like it? Love it? Let me know! :)

1 comment: