Friday, July 12, 2013

Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation Stick: 230




Swatches & Review

Since I heard that Maybelline came out with new stick foundations, I have been curious about it because I have never tried stick foundations before. I was able to find some at my local CVS yesterday so I purchased it & immediately had to try it. I purchased the foundation in the shades: 220 Natural Beige, and 230 Natural Buff. For the past two days, I have used 230 because it seems to fit me a bit more for summer.


The Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation stick is packaged in a plastic black tube with a clear cap.


The outer shade is supposed to be a gel-like formula for the foundation color, while the center of it should be an anti-shine gel.


The left side is me without any makeup, and the right is with Maybelline's Fit Me foundation stick.
As you can tell, without makeup or anything, I have acne scars and redness around my cheeks (I never actually had those problems until the last year and a half) so I have been looking for foundations to even my skintone without making me look cakey. With the foundation, the redness is pretty much covered up, and it covers the slight acne scars, but you are still able to see some of the bigger acne scars. The coverage of the stick foundation is light to medium, but it is definitely not full coverage. This foundation does not contain SPF, so it is important to use sunblock along with this foundation.

What I like about this foundation is that it does not really have a very strong scent. The foundation applied lightly and it does not make the skin feel heavy at all. It actually dried into a semi-matte finish, so I did not look very shiny and it did not feel greasy like how liquid foundations sometimes make me feel after applying. It was easy to blend with both hands and brush. The only downside to it was that I did not like that it makes the dry patches on my face a lot more noticeable. I found that it stayed on pretty well throughout the day until I removed it, but after about four hours, my face was a bit shiny so I had to blot it down a bit.

Overall, I think that this foundation is worth a try because it is convenient to take on the go. When you twist the foundation all the way up, the amount of foundation looks like it is very little, but since it is like a gel, a little goes a long way so I think it would last like a normal bottle of foundation would, but in a stick form.

The Maybelline Fit Me! Shine-Free Foundation Stick retails for $6.99 at Target & Walmart (Online & In-Stores) & drugstores (Rite-Aid, Walgreens, &CVS) for $8.99 - $9.99.

What do you think about stick foundations? Are you thinking about trying Maybelline's Stick Foundation?

8 comments:

  1. I grew up using Max Factor's Pan Stick foundation for years. I loved it then but I needed the extra coverage it gave. I haven't tried stick foundations in years though as I don't need the stage makeup type coverage I used to and as I grow older I tend to use lighter and sheerer makeup. I saw that Maybelline Fit Me stick makeup at Walgreen's today and was intrigued but I really don't need any more foundation. IT looks good on you and really evened out your skin tone and got rid of all the red patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of foundations & I couldn't help but try this! I like how it's sheer because foundations with more coverage feels heavy & I hate the feeling on my face.

      Delete
  2. I think this looks really nice on you!! I have never tried a stick foundation, but these have me curious, so thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was my first time using a stick foundation & I like how it glides on so easily! :)

      Delete
  3. I was very curious about these when I saw the display at the drugstore. Thanks for reviewing it and letting us know more about it. I might pick one up if I see it on sale one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think whenever you pick it up! :D

      Delete
  4. This looks good on you, Lisa! I was debating between buying this or the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder and I left with the L'Oreal. I really need something that locks in a matte finish during these hot, sweaty summers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! I hope you like the L'Oreal one! I have been wanting to try it too, but I heard so many mixed reviews.

      Delete