Thursday, July 11, 2013

NARS Voulez Vous Eye & Cheek Palette



Swatches & Review

A bit over a week ago, I posted about the NARS Voulez-Vous palette & yesterday was the day that Nordstrom cardholders were able to purchase items from their anniversary sale. After seeing the palette & debating on it, I decided that I wanted it since I found it to be a good value. My boyfriend waited in front of Nordstrom for it to open yesterday & bought me the palette yesterday since I was not able to go. This palette has a long name, which is Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi, Ce Soir? & it has two almost full-size blushes and four eyeshadows.

Like all NARS products, it is packaged in a sleek black rubber-feeling packaging.

The blushes are on the sides and the four eyeshadows are in the middle.
The colors of each color are typed on this picture. I thought it was a pain to figure out which eyeshadow was which because NOTHING on the packaging told me what the names of the colors were.

All of the eyeshadows have been swatched over NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.
Deep Throat: Sheer peach with slight golden shimmer. This reminded me of Orgasm, but it was A LOT better. This had a lot less of the golden shimmer & looks like a nice natural flush on the cheeks. I have had this shade before so I knew what to expect, but I found that the one in the palette applied a bit more sheer than the ones individually.
Molokai: Shimmery nude champagne. This is a shade that is shown a lot in palettes from many brands. This applied smoothly and it was pigmented.
Antananarivo: Warm matte soft brown. This color was smooth, but it took quite a few swipes to show up on my skin when being swatched.
LHASA: Smokey taupe. This was very smooth and pigmented.
Ragoun: Brown with slight glitter. Although this had glitter, it was almost like a matte, but with glitter. I did not like this shade because it was very stiff in the pan & it applied very patchy with both a sponge applicator and brush. The glitter is very subtle.
Dolce Vita: Matte dusty rose. Although it is "matte", it has a slight silver sheen to it, but it's not noticeable until you look very closely. I love this blush! This looks like it would be a perfect blush to transition into fall. This was super pigmented & I would definitely recommend applying with a light-hand with this.

These are up-close shots of each shade. Deep Throat is blurred to show the golden shimmer from the blush.

Overall, I like this palette and I think it is a good deal, but I do not think this is a palette where you would actually need it. The colors of the eyeshadows are all neutrals, so if you have a lot of neutrals, this may look like a lot of the other neutrals in your collection. If you already have one or both of the blushes, I don't think this would be worth it unless you actually use a lot of the shade that is also in the palette. I found the quality of Deep Throat from the palette to not be as good as the blush that is packaged individually. If you have the cheek palettes from NARS, the size of this is smaller than them. The main reason why I bought this was because I wanted both the blushes and they are almost full-sized because a full-sized NARS blush is 0.16 oz & retails for $29, while the ones in this palette are each 0.15 oz & the whole palette is $59. Also, it was because it did not include Orgasm OR Laguna because I was getting tired of seeing them in every set/palette they come out with.

The Voulez-Vous palette retails for $59 and is now available for Nordstrom cardholders both online & in-stores. If you are interested in this palette & do not have a Nordstrom card, this will be available to the public on July 19.

What do you think about this palette? Are you thinking about getting it? What blushes would you like to see next from NARS?

10 comments:

  1. Those are such pretty pastels and these would give you a soft feminine eye. I love Princessy type makeup and this looks to be perfect for me! I can create all the Boho and Princess looks I want. Considering one blush from NARS is $36, this is a good deal as it contains two and then you get a shadow quad too! I can definitely use this in my life. It looks perfect for travel too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely nice to travel with, especially since the quad is neutrals & you can't go wrong with that!

      Delete
  2. This palette is amazing! I'm really into getting one from HQhair.com for myself!
    Nars blushes are amazing!
    Kissu*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love NARS blushes! But they're so expensive individually :(

      Delete
  3. Great post, Lisa! I *just* bought NARS Lhasa single - wish I'd waited for this kit! I've got a review post of Lhasa going up this Thursday and I've linked to this post in case people want to see your swatches and review of the palette. :) Have a great week, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( Lhasa is very nice though! &thanks!

      Delete
  4. This is a pretty palette, but really nothing special colorwise. My store had a ton, and I don't get the feeling it is as popular as previous palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I feel like a lot of their eye&cheek palettes don't really sell much. Their cheek palettes like the one from last year & the Danmari from Sephora were all way better than these.

      Delete
  5. Great value if you're interested in purchasing the blushes individually. I really like the look of Lhasa as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is! I am loving Dolce Vita! haha. Lhasa is gorgeous :)

      Delete