Saturday, May 11, 2013

Zoya Summer PixieDust




Swatches & Review


Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, but it has been a crazy last month of school & it's almost over, which means I will have more time to blog! Anyway, Zoya has provided me with their Summer PixieDust to review & I was definitely excited because the original line of PixieDust grew on me & the Summer PixieDust has amazing vibrant colors.


Left to right: Solange, Beatrix, Destiny & Miranda.

To apply these, you apply a thin first layer, wait until it completely dries & then apply a second coat. If you want to add a third coat, wait for the second coat to completely dry.

Taken Outdoor -
Pointer: Solange
Middle: Beatrix
Ring: Destiny
Pinky: Miranda


Taken Indoor:
Solange is a yellow gold with golden shimmer and it is very sparkly.
Beatrix is a tangerine orange with golden shimmer, perfect to match with cuties tangerines before you eat them all! haha :)
Destiny is a coral-pink with golden shimmer.
Miranda is a raspberry-red/pink with silver shimmer.

When I first tried the PixieDust from the Winter release, I was not too big on it, but after testing them for a week, I ended up liking them. Although the texture is a bit rough after it is first applied, it will start feeling softer (like sugar) after running them through water. Like the previous PixieDust nail polishes I have reviewed, these last a good 6 days on my left hand with minimal tip wear, and about four days on my right hand (the hand I use the most) until noticeable tip wear.
The removal was easy on these as well. I used Zoya's nail polish remover and placed the cotton with it onto my nails for about a minute. After having the cotton ball there for a minute, the PixieDust texture nail polish came off very easily without sticking to my nails & my skin.

Overall, I like the shades from the Summer collection a lot, but from these four, my favorites are Solange & Beatrix because I love yellow & orange for summer & Solange is super flashy when it is outdoors!
What do you think about Zoya's Summer PixieDust collection? Have you tried Zoya's PixieDust collection? Do you think they should come out with more shades?

These are available for purchase on Zoya.com now, and they retail for $9 per 0.5oz bottle.

**The products in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion/review. I was not paid nor compensated for the review.

6 comments:

  1. I tried their original release but not these new summer shades. I don't know if I am hip on the texture trend, but I do love the colors that Zoya is putting out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny looks orange in the bottle but comes out to a beautiful coral pink. I'm in love with that color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I kinda want Miranda and Destiny

    sheeeeeelby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these for myself yesterday and love the colors! Not being a fan of texture, I won't be picking them up However, I think they're great summer shades for all of you guys who do like texture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Destiny shortly after seeing your swatches on Instagram! It just arrived today and it's so pretty! Can't wait to use it {I'm thinking tomorrow}!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miranda looks like a must have for me! Destiny is also super pretty

    ReplyDelete