Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Zoya; Creamy

Swatches & Review

Zoya Creamy is a creme yellow color, however, not a pastel yellow. When I purchased this over a year ago, the name Creamy reminded me of custard buns, especially since it is a yellow! lol. I was looking for a perfect creme yellow nail polish since I did not have any, which is why I purchased this. I am actually still looking for the perfect creme yellow because Zoya's Creamy is not it. The application of this was very streaky, and in my pictures, I have used four coats before getting it to look even. For my accent, I used China Glaze's Shocking Pink, which is a neon pink. It dries semi-matte, and the nail polish is very thin so it required a few coats. For Shocking Pink, you have to make sure it is completely dry before applying the next coat because it can result in some balding.

Overall, I don't love this nail polish. I really like the color, but I do not think it is worth the hassle of using so many coats for it to look nice. Because I used so many coats, it started to look kind of gloopy on the nails and even with a fast drying top coat, I felt like it took a very long time to dry. I think if you want to purchase Zoya nail polishes, it is better to look up swatches, or order their color spoons before purchasing because the color they display on their website is usually a color that is different from the actual nail polish itself.
For the China Glaze, although applying it was also I pain, I find myself using it a lot as accent nails, or as french tips. I love how the neon pink looks as a french tip on nails, especially over the summer time. What are your thoughts on these two nail polishes? Do you have any recommendations for the perfect creme yellow? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment