For this month, BrandBacker has partnered with BA Star once again for their Summer Tropical Palette and I was sent the BA Star Tropical Palette and an eyeshadow primer for free to review as part of the campaign. Unlike the Midnight Smoky Eye palette that I have previously reviewed, this palette is filled with fun, bright summer colors!
I will go from left to right because there are not names to each shade:
1) Lime green with a metallic finish. I used two swipes in swatches because it applies sheer, but a primer helps intensify it a bit. I also found it a bit powdery.
2) Bright metallic blue. I used two swipes, but it isn’t as sheer as the green.
3) Metallic purple. I used four swipes because this applied very sheer.
4) Bright pink. This seems more of a satin since it isn’t as metallic, but it’s not matte either. This was very powdery, but pigmented. I used two swipes for this.
5) Metallic silver. This is also sheer, but would be nice to use over the other colors for more of a pop of metallic.
I found that most the shades applied sheer except the blue and the pink, which were very pigmented. However, the pink was a bit chalky and very powdery. All the shades are build able, and I feel like using a white base would make the colors pop more. The primer helped a bit, but it did not really make too much of a difference and it feels heavy on the skin, which is why I probably would not prefer using this primer. However, I recommend using a primer (any kind you prefer) because without it, the eyeshadows will stain your skin. Although the shades do apply sheer, I actually like this palette because it is perfect for summer and the shadows do stay on for a while without rubbing off easily.
From now until July 4, 2014, you can purchase this palette for 50% off with the code 50TROPIC if you are interested in buying this product.
This palette retails for $8.75 and can be purchased at www.bastar.com.
*Disclaimer: The products in this post were provided to me for my honest opinion/review from the brand via BrandBacker. I was not paid for this review & all opinions are my own.