Saturday, May 25, 2013

OCC Lip Tar: Authentic




Swatches & Review


After Sephora came out with Pro's Pick V2.0, they have not come out with V3.0! I thought it was quite fast because I was expecting the next set to come out around the Holidays. Authentic is one of the shades in the V3.0 set, which was one that I was most excited about because it has a metallic finish, which is not like all the previous lip tars that I have reviewed.

Authentic is described as a copper metallic


In the tube, it looks like it would be a very rusty brown shade. When applied onto my lips, it looks more of a light red-rusty copper brown shade.

When applying these, I used a very little amount because a little goes a long way. I think if you would want the color to be more brown, adding a bit more may make it look a bit darker. I wore this for about six hours yesterday with slight fading. However, I felt that by the 2nd hour, this felt incredibly drying. I tested this out without the clear base, which is probably why, so I recommend using the clear lip tar or a lip balm underneath. I really like this shade because it has a metallic finish to it, which does not make my lips look as dry as the ones without the metallic finish because it is super shiny when worn outdoors.

This retails for $18 individually and the Pro's Pick Lip Tar Set v3.0 retails for $49. They can be purchased on Sephora.com (Non-affiliated).

What do you think about Authentic? Have you tried the newer lip tars with the metallic finish?

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty on you! I would've thought it was much more coppery from the tube. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks a lot more coppery in the tube, but I try to not use too much or it will start to feather & bleed. I think if I put more, it would maybe look more coppery? I like it light though :)

      Delete